About Colchicine 0.5:
- Colchicine 0.5 medication is a potent and medically specified tablet to remediate or prevent gout conditions. A gout condition is a condition where an increase of uric acid in blood leads to the building of hard crystals in your joints.
- Colchicine is an FDA-approved medication that eases up pain and inflammation, making it less painful for you to survive your day.
How does Colchicine 0.5 work?
- Gout condition typically occurs because of the formation of uric acid in the blood. This uric acid may cause hard crystals in your joints and hurt joint tissues causing pain, swelling, and inflammation. However, this tablet works by hindering your white blood cells from moving to the joints where you have gout issues; it further stops your joints from pain and swelling up and helps you relieve pain. It is highly effective and commences showing its result within few hours of intake.
Is it OK to take Colchicine 0.5 every day?
- Generally, Colchicine is a safe medication to use, as long as you stick with the doctor’s directions. However, using higher doses for a prolonged period might be a risk of attaining liver or kidney problems. Talk with the doctor if you are confused about consuming Colchicine 0.5 and take it as per the strict advice of the doctor.
How should Colchicine 0.5 be used?
- Colchicine is an oral medication and is only appropriate to use by adults above 18 years to remediate or prevent gout flare-ups.
- Before using Colchicine medication, users must attentively go through the medication information leaflet.
- Use one pill two to four-time in a day until you sense relief in the symptoms as directed by the doctor.
- In one course of treatment, it is suitable to use only 12 tablets and not more than that. If the doctor suggests you take more tablets you can take them.
- Swallow the tablet wholly with water without dividing into halves or crushing it.
- Users can take a second course of treatment if it is required but strictly after a three-day break and not continuously.
- The typical dosage of Colchicine to remediate gout attacks is 2 to 4 times a day. However, a lower amount dosage will be specified it is taken by elder patients having kidney or liver issues. The users must be attentive to not exceeding the Colchicine dosage amount beyond what is specified. If you are using the maximum dosage strength of Colchicine, it won’t harm you. If you sense it’s not working, and have no improvisation, check with the doctor. But strictly do not overdose or change the dosage amount on your own without consulting the doctor.
- You only use Colchicine 0.5 when you feel the pain; in that case, there is no possibility of missing the dosage. However, if your doctor has fixed some specific duration, follow that properly. Suppose if you miss it, take it immediately.
Alternative Brand Here: Colchicine (Zycolchin 0.5 Mg)
What are the Side effects of Colchicine 0.5?
All forms of tablets strike a side effects risk, and there is no exception with Colchicine 0.5. Though not every user will experience those symptoms if they are attentively aware and take suitable action promptly.If they sense any of these following side effects signs must stop using this medication and seek a doctor’s attention to get immediate treatment. Some of the Colchicine side effects are listed down below:
- Feeling nauseated
- Stomach ache
- Bruising skin
- Sore throat
- Uneven or missing menstrual periods
- Excessive bleeding
- Skin problems
- Skin rashes
- Losing of hair
- Liver damage
- Numbness or weakness
- Kidney problems
- Sperm inhibition.
What Colchicine 0.5 Precautions need to take?
Some serious precautious measures users must follow before and while using Colchicine tablet are as follows:
- Ensure to communicate with the doctor before taking Colchicine, especially if you are elderly and have digestive system issues and heart issues.
- Do not strictly use this medicine if you have a blood disorder problem or have kidney or liver damage.
- If you are taking other medicine for treating the same condition, you must acknowledge your doctor about it before using Colchicine.
- The users must not exceed the Colchicine dosage amount more than the doctor has specified because Colchicine can be fatal. And if you sense any side effects, symptoms consult your doctor immediately.
- It is advisable not to perform any activity that requires alertness while using this medicine.
- It would help if you often got blood tests to check your blood cells and platelet count while using the Colchicine tablet.
- People of elder age are susceptible to this tablet. They must be attentively careful.
- Colchicine can minimize sperm production, which may impact the ability of a male. It is optimal to check with the doctor for more details.
- Colchicine can pass into breastmilk. But there is no specific report about nursing infants getting affected. It is advisable to check with the doctor if you are breastfeeding.
- If the users take this during their pregnancy, they must be careful and only opt for Colchicine 0.5 only at the time of requirement. However, know the benefits and risks from your doctor.
Colchicine medication has some severe interactions with certain medicines, which needs to be strictly avoided while using Colchicine tablet:
- To all the medical health history with the doctor is necessary before beginning the treatment with a Colchicine tablet. It includes all the herbal and vitamin supplements, prescription, and non-prescription drugs you are currently uptaking.
- Using Colchicine simultaneously with other medications may reduce the tablet’s effect; as a result, it impacts the working of Colchicine 0.5 and increases the severe side effects risks. That medicine includes ketoconazole, itraconazole, HIV medications like ritonavir, and erythromycin, clarithromycin. These are some macrolide antibiotics.
- There is a fewer chance that Colchicine may cause severe rhabdomyolysis (muscle damage). Further, this muscle damages produces components in the body that lead to severe kidney problems. No doubt, using other medicine that causes muscle damage simultaneously with Colchicine 0.5 will double up the risk. Some drugs include simvastatin, digoxin, and pravastatin, and others.
- Colchicine tablets may interfere with specific laboratory tests, producing false lab test results. Acknowledge your laboratory staff about you using this medication.
How should I take buy Colchicine 0.5?
- Colchicine is an oral medication taken to relieve the pain of gout attacks. It is taken with or without any meal and swallows wholly without crushing or breaking it with water. As per the suggestion, take one dose 2 to 4 times a day until the pain alleviates or how your doctor specifies you. But it is advisable not to use more than 12 doses during one attack.
How Long Does It Take for Colchicine 0.5 Online to work?
- Once the user ingests the Colchicine tablet, it starts to work in around 30 minutes to 2 hours. Moreover, it might take one or two days before you sense any improvisation in your pain and inflammation. It takes time to get better. If you are taking to prevent FMP flare-ups, you may not feel any difference; promptly, it may take some considerable time.
What is Colchicine used to treat?
- Colchicine medication is recommended explicitly to prevent or remediate gout attacks. Typically gout symptoms arise suddenly and attack one or a few joints, and most often, knee, big toe, or ankle joints are mainly affected. The symptoms are majorly due to increased uric acid levels in the blood vessels, and uric acid builds hard crystals in your joints.
- Moreover, Colchicine potently treats their symptoms by reducing the swelling and relieving the pain.
When should I take Colchicine 0.5?
- When Colchicine is opted to remediate FMF or prevent gout attacks, it is preferable to take it once or twice a day. If Colchicine is consumed to relieve the pain of a gout attack, typically, one dose is taken at the initial sign of pain. During the second, a smaller quantity of dose is taken, usually one hour later.
What is Colchicine 0.5?
- Colchicine is a medically specified tablet used to prevent or remediate gout attacks that is severe or sudden pain in one or more of the joints produced by uncommon high levels of a substance known as uric acid in the blood vessels, mostly in adults. It belongs to a group of medications known as anti-gout agents. It is also effective against relieving the pain that occurred from gout attacks. Colchicine tablet is also helpful to treat FMF (familial Mediterranean fever). This intuitive condition causes pain, fever, swelling of the lung, stomach, and joint area in children and adults. Moreover, Colchicine is not appropriate to use as a pain reliever other than to treat FMF or gout. It works by ceasing the spontaneous processes that produce inflammation and other FMF and gout symptoms.
Can I Colchicine over the counter?
- Clearly, no, you can’t avail yourself Colchicine tablet over the counter as it is a prescription-only medication. But if you are treating yourself with this medicine consequently under the doctor’s specification, you can reorder it online in that case.
How much does Colchicine 0.5 cost?
- The cost of the Colchicine tablet differs in each online medicinal website because of the offer and discounts they throw. But the average cost of the tablet for each tablet of Colchicine 0.5 is $14.59. However, some websites offer the pill at the cost of $11.53, a discounted price. We this it is massive savings to your pocket. Check for legitimate websites and avail yourself of the tablet at an excellent price.